Where will I find my refund?
You can view the status of your refund in your Activity.
To view the latest status:
- Go to Activity.
- Click Advanced search to see the dropdown menu.
- Select Refunds.
- If needed, select the desired date range to see your refund.
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.
Here are a few common refund statuses:
Pending: There are a few reasons why your refund might be pending, such as:
- The refund was sent to an email address that isn't confirmed. A PayPal payment cannot clear until the email address is confirmed on the recipient's PayPal account.
- The payment was sent to the wrong email address.
- Banking delays are delaying the refund. Banking delays can sometimes delay refunds by up to 7 working days.
Where is my refund sent?
If a payment was sent from your card, the payment will be refunded back to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days for the refund to complete. If a payment was sent from your bank account it will return to that bank account. If a payment was sent from your PayPal balance, the payment will be refunded back to your PayPal account balance.