What is the PayPal code and where do I find it?
What is the PayPal code?
The PayPal code is a random 4-digit code, unique to your account, which is generated when you link and confirm your debit or credit card.
You’ll find this code on your online card statement 2-3 working days after it was generated. If your online card statement shows pending transactions you may be able to see the code within minutes. If you can't check your statement online, you can wait for your next paper statement or contact your bank.
We can’t provide the code by email or by phone.
Where do I find the code?
You can find your 4-digit PayPal code on your debit or credit card statement next to or near the charge amount. The code will be associated with a £1 charge and will appear in the item description section, printed next to the word 'PAYPAL'.
Your code will look like this in the item description section of your statement:
PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODEPlease allow 2 to 3 business days for the PayPal code to appear on your online card statement. If you do not have online access to your statement, you'll need to wait for your statement in the mail. There should be a notification on your home page reminding you to confirm your card once you're received the code.
To enter the 4-digit PayPal code:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click the card you're confirming.
- Enter the 4-digit PayPal code and click Submit.
- If you do not act to confirm your card by entering in the 4-digit code (or your card cannot by confirmed), the charge will be refunded 75 days from the date of the charge. Based on certain jurisdictions the credit may not actually post to your card for up to 30 additional days.
- If you remove your card or close your account during the time frames above, the return of the credit may not process. In these instances, you may need to contact PayPal Customer Service to have the charge refunded.
- We can also resend you this code if you can't find it or misplaced it.