How do I request API Signature or Certificate credentials for my PayPal account?
Here’s how to request API Signature or Certificate credentials for your PayPal account:
- Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click My selling preferences.
- In the API access section, click Update.
- Under NVP/SOAP API integration, click Request API credentials.
- If you have already generated an API Signature, then View API Signature appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Signature.
- If you have already generated an API Certificate, then View API Certificate appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Certificate.
- Note: If you are prompted to verify your PayPal account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit.
- Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication.
- Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.
- PayPal generates your API credentials as follows:
- API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done.
- API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.