How do I report an unauthorised transaction or account activity?
If you notice a payment that you didn't authorise, let us know right away through our Resolution Center. There's no time limit on how long you have to report an unauthorised transaction.
To report unauthorised activity:
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a problem.
- Choose the payment you want to report and click Continue.
- Choose "I want to report unauthorised activity."
- Follow the steps to report the payment.
To report unauthorised activity on the app:
- Tap Wallet.
- Tap Activity.
- Tap on the payment you want to report.
- Tap Report a Problem.
- Select the reason for the report and follow the steps.
Once you've filed an unauthorised transaction, we'll investigate it. You'll receive an email within 10 days.
To cancel an automatic payment on the web:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage automatic payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address and click Cancel.
To cancel an automatic payment on the app:
- Tap Wallet.
- Tap Automatic payments.
- Tap the merchant.
- Tap Remove PayPal as your payment method.
- Tap Remove to confirm the cancellation.
To request a refund for a completed payment, you'll need to contact the seller.
Was this article helpful?
Long time user, no account freezes or chargebacks, "You can't use PayPal anymore" - what's going on? (1088 views)