Direct Payment: Introduction
Direct Payment is:
- Direct Payment API lets you design and host your own checkout pages
- You keep your customers on your site instead of having them pay on PayPal; PayPal remains invisible
- PayPal authorizes transactions in a real-time process
Easy to implement
- Direct Payment API is already integrated with many leading shopping carts
- PayPal's SDK toolkit lets you easily integrate the PayPal API into your website
- Transactions are sent over the internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Direct Payment product lets you flag potentially fraudulent transactions, and provides you with industry-standard CVV2 responses for each transaction
- You use an API certificate, provided by PayPal, to make calls to the API through a secure connection
How it works
For each payment, Direct Payment API takes the billing address, transaction amount, debit and credit cards information, and item information as inputs. Within seconds, the API returns a confirmation that the transaction has been processed.
Note: Direct Payment API is not a stand-alone product. You are required to use Direct Payment API and PayPal Express Checkout together as part of the Website Payment Pro solution. For more information on pricing, see Pricing for Website Payments Pro.