Safer web browser
What is a safer web browser?
- PayPal supports anti-phishing technologies in the next-generation web browsers to help you avoid fraud.
- Safer web browsers, unlike older browsers, make it easier to spot fake webpages that try to get you to enter personal information and steal your account.
Here's a list of some of the common browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Firefox 3.5 or above
- Chrome 10 or above
- Safari 4 or above
- Opera 11 or above
Tips for safer web browsers
- Update your browser. Make sure you have the latest version of your web browser. With most browsers, you can check the version by clicking the browser's Help button and selecting “About”
- Check for anti-phishing features. Browsers like Microsoft IE8 and FireFox 3 or above have Anti-Phishing Filters, which you should turn on to avoid fake (spoof) websites.