These General Conditions of Use ("GCU") describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal offers PayPal Refunded Returns Service ("Service") from 29 September 2015 until 31 December 2019. The Service is available at no additional cost to PayPal account holders who have registered for it at: https://www.paypal.com/tw/webapps/mpp/returns
By registering for the Service, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.
The Service is provided by CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as Telus International Europe) (the “Service Provider”) on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd. The Service Provider is a company registered in Bulgaria under no. 9829/2004, VAT BG175138361, with head office at Alabin Street 1-3, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria.
Questions and answers
When can I use Service?
You may return items using the Service if you:
- paid for the online purchase in its entirety using your PayPal account;
- hold a Taiwan PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;
- register for the Service at https://www.paypal.com/tw/webapps/mpp/returns;
- initiate your return within the return period and in accordance with the seller’s general conditions of sale;
- submit a refund request of the shipping costs (the "Refund Request”) within 30 calendar days of shipping the item back to the seller; and
- ship your items back to the seller by regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services.
When can’t I use the Service?
The Service does not apply to:
- Purchases made in breach of the PayPal User Agreement or PayPal Acceptable Use Policy;
- Intangible goods and voucher purchases (e.g. Groupon), licenses for digital content and services;
- Items for which the return by regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services is already paid for by the seller;
- Cash, traveler's checks, tickets, credit or debit cards, or any other negotiable instrument;
- Items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller’s general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller’s deadline for returns has passed);
- Costs associated with loss, theft, or damage to the item if it is returned;
- Items which are paid for in part or whole through a means other than PayPal; or
- Transactions made through the PayPal Send Money service.
- Purchases made more than 150 calendar days prior to submission of the refund request.
The Service does not apply if you can benefit, or have already benefited from another type of shipping returns refund service or guarantee with any third party. In the event that you have received a refund under this Service, and have also benefited from another type of shipping returns refund service or guarantee with any third party, PayPal shall have the right to recover the amount of the refund under this Service from your PayPal account.
Can I use the Service if the seller already offers a similar service?
No. The Service applies when a free or refunded return service is not offered by the seller from whom you made your purchase. If the seller offers a free or refund return service by the postal regular mail, courier or any other shipping options or services, you must use that service.
What costs does the Service cover?
The Service covers the cost of shipping an eligible item back to the seller up to US$20 per Refund Request. If you return several items at once, it will be considered as a single return subject to the US$20 cap.
How many refunds can I request?
You can get up to 3 refunds for eligible purchases until 31 December 2019. Only one refund is allowed per transaction.
Who should I contact if I have a question about Service?
If you have any questions about the Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I make a Refund Request?
To submit a Refund Request, log in to your PayPal account, click on “request return shipping refund” and submit the form, along with the proof of your return within 30 days of returning the item.
If any document is missing, you’ll need to submit it within 14 days of your initial submission.
You’ll receive the refund in your PayPal account if your claim is approved.
What information do I have to provide with my Refund Request?
Details of your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned. To complete the return shipping refund request form, log in to your account activity and select the purchase you have recently returned.
Proof of your return including the following documents.
- The confirmation email for your PayPal transaction or a screenshot of your PayPal account showing that the entire price was paid using your PayPal account and displaying the PayPal transaction ID; and
- If you paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, you must provide:
- The receipt from the post office or courier service
- A document proving that the purchased item was returned to the seller which could be included on shipping receipt or a photo of the package with the seller's address visible.
- If the return shipping costs were deducted from the refund of your item, you must provide:
- Proof showing the initial purchase price of the item returned; and
- Proof showing the amount of the refund, such as the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return or the PayPal email confirming the refund of your item.
How will I be refunded?
If your Refund Request is accepted, you will receive a refund directly in your PayPal account. All refunds will be made in USD.
How will I know if my Refund request is accepted?
We will send you a:
- Confirmation of receipt of your Refund Request: within 1 business day from the receipt of your completed Refund Request
- Notice of approval or rejection of your Refund Request: within 5 business days from the receipt of your completed Refund Request
- Refund to your PayPal account: within 5 business days from the notice of approval of your request for Refund Request
How do I know if I am eligible for the Service?
The Service is only available to holders of a Taiwan PayPal account, whose access has not been suspended or limited, and have registered for the Service at https://www.paypal.com/tw/webapps/mpp/returns.
You do not need to be eligible for Buyer Protection in order to be eligible for this Service.
What happens if I return an item purchased before the launch of the Service (29 September 2015)?
Unfortunately, this Service is not retroactive. You may only make a Refund Request for items that you purchased and returned between 29 September 2015 to 31 December 2019.
Additional provisions concerning the operation of the Service
You must notify us if you believe there has been or will be an error or unauthorized use of the Service. Any Refund Request that does not comply with these GCU will be automatically rejected and you will not be eligible for a refund.
Any Refund Request you initiate or based on incorrect or false information/documents will be rejected and you will be suspended from the Service. We will notify you by email if we suspend or lift the suspension of your eligibility for the Service. We may debit from your PayPal account any payment made to you under this Service on the basis of false information/documents.
PayPal (and its Service Provider) will not be held liable for any delays or failures due to causes beyond its control or which could not reasonably have been anticipated, and the consequences of which it could not reasonably avoided or overcome. Such circumstances may include:
- Interruption of or problems accessing, the Service due to causes beyond PayPal’s control, such as your failure to fulfill your obligations, a defect and/or saturation of the telecommunications networks, action by a third party, infection by a virus of the Service or your equipment, or other type of malicious attack by a third party despite reasonable security measures taken by you and by PayPal;
- your improper use of the Service;
- your provision of incorrect information; or
- cases of force majeure or action by a third party.
In no event will PayPal, its related entities or the Service Provider be liable to you for any of the following types of loss or damage arising under or in relation to the terms: any loss of profits, goodwill, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings, any loss or corruption of data, or any loss or damage whatsoever which does not stem directly from our breach of the terms. We may at any time amend, delete or add to these terms by posting a revised version on the PayPal website. If you do not accept any changes, you must cease use of the Service.
PayPal may decide, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to change, suspend or terminate the Service without being liable to you or to any third party for doing so.
The Service is made available by PayPal Pte. Ltd, a company registered under no. 200509725E, with head offices at 5 Temasek Boulevard #09-01, Suntec Tower Five, 038985 Singapore. The Service Provider is CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as Telus International Europe), acting on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd.