Pending balance availability information
Temporarily pending balance availability information
When new merchants have recently started to sell with PayPal, payments may be temporarily placed in their pending balance for up to 21 days. Delaying access to your funds is part of our security measure to help us make sure transactions complete successfully.
When we place your funds in your pending balance, it isn't immediately available to spend or withdraw.
Selling on your own
If you have recently started selling through PayPal, the payments that you received may be temporarily placed in your pending balance for up to 21 days. This is part of our security measure to help ensure that the new sellers have enough funds to cover claims or refunds.
Tips to help you get your funds sooner
- Ship the order immediately and choose a shipping service that provides tracking and delivery confirmation.
- Upload or save tracking information or other proof of shipment.
- Communicate early and quickly with your buyers.
- Keep your financial information (bank account and credit card) up to date.
- Avoid buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks.
Selling on eBay sites
PayPal and eBay are working together to improve buyer experience and to make the marketplace even safer. For sellers who have established a successful sales history, in most cases, funds from eBay sales will be available to you 21 days or sooner based on how you ship the order. Learn more.
There are several reasons you might not have immediate access to funds. Some of the most common reasons are:
- You have a limited selling history.
- You have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard.
If you are selling on eBay USA or Canada, your buyer's payment will first show as pending in your PayPal Account if you have:
- Limited selling history, meaning you have:
- 90 days or less from your first sale, or,
- 25 or fewer transaction, or
- US$250 or less total sales since your first sale
- Below Standard Rating in your Seller Dashboard.
- Unusual account activity such as sudden incidence of Buyer Protection case.