PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer Agreement
PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer Agreement
Last Update: October 8, 2014
This policy applies to users in the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Dominica, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Grenada, Lesotho, Malawi, New Caledonia, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Seychelles, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
This PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer Agreement ("Agreement") is a contract between you and PayPal. This Agreement applies to you in addition to the User Agreement and other applicable agreements. All capitalized terms shall have the definitions provided in this Agreement, or if a definition is not provided in this Agreement, the definition in the User Agreement shall apply. You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a Substantial Change, we will provide you with 30 Days' prior notice of Substantial Change by posting notice on the "Policy Updates" page of our website.
PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer allows you to receive payments into your PayPal account and have those amounts automatically transferred to your linked US bank account or Visa credit card. All payments that you receive are subject to a 30-day hold period. Please read these terms and conditions to understand PayPal’s requirements for receiving payments.
- In order to receive payments into your PayPal account, you must link your US bank account or Visa credit card to your PayPal account and complete PayPal’s credit card and/or bank account verification process.
2. Automatic Transfer:
- On a regular basis, PayPal will automatically transfer the amounts from your available PayPal Balance to your US bank account or Visa credit card.
- The automatic transfer will occur within the first 3 days of each month, quarter, or applicable period in the country in which you reside.
- There is no fee for automatic transfers to your US bank account or Visa credit card.
3. Manual Transfer and Fee:
- If you do not want to wait for the automatic transfer, you may manually transfer the amounts in your available PayPal balance to your US bank account or Visa credit card.
- Manual transfers to your Visa credit card will incur a $5.00 USD (or equivalent) fee.
- Manual transfers to your US bank account are free.
4. Payment Hold Period:
- All payments that you receive will be subject to an initial 30 day hold period and will be placed in a pending balance. This means that you will not have access to your funds for at least 30 days.
- After the initial 30 day hold period, your funds will be released to your available balance unless PayPal is holding the amounts for another reason as specified in the PayPal User Agreement, or other agreement that you have entered into with PayPal.
- PayPal, in its sole discretion, may determine that you are no longer subject to an initial 30 day hold period. In such an event, payments you receive into your PayPal account will appear in your available balance soon after you receive the payment. PayPal will base its decision to remove the 30 day hold period on a number of factors including but not limited to the following: the length of time you have been a PayPal customer, the type of goods or services that you sell, and the number of customer complaints that you receive.
5. Withdrawal Limits:
- Automatic transfers to your Visa credit card are limited to $10,000 USD (or equivalent) per transfer.
- Manual transfers to a Visa credit card are limited to $500 USD (or equivalent) per day.
- The daily limit of transfers to your Visa credit card (total of automatic and manual transfers) is $10,000 USD (or equivalent).
6. Financial Instruments (linked US bank account or Visa credit card):
- If you have more than one financial instrument linked to your PayPal account, PayPal will use the first financial instrument that you linked to your PayPal account for automatic transfers.
- This means that if you link a Visa credit card to your PayPal account one day, and then link a second Visa credit card to your account the next day, PayPal will use the first Visa credit card for the automatic transfer.
- You may change this by going to the “Profile” page, selecting “Manage Automatic Transfer”, and following the instructions to select your preferred financial instrument for automatic transfers.
- If you remove your US bank account and/or Visa credit card, PayPal will request that you add a new financial instrument to your PayPal account. If you do not do so, you will lose the ability to receive payments.
- If PayPal is unable to transfer your balance to your US bank account and/or Visa credit card for any reason, then PayPal will give you a limited amount of time to add a new financial instrument to your PayPal account. If you do not do so, you will lose the ability to receive payments.
7. Restriction on Sending Payments:
- You may use your credit card to send payments. You may not use your PayPal balance or US bank account to send payments. All amounts in your available PayPal balance must be withdrawn from your PayPal account through automatic and/or manual transfer.
8. Transaction Fees for Receiving Payments:
- Transaction Fees: Standard Rate and Merchant Rate
Monthly Payment Volume
$.01 - $3,000.00 USD (or equivalent) 4.9% + Fixed Fee Standard Rate $3,000,01 - $10,000.00 USD (or equivalent) 4.4% + Fixed Fee Merchant Rate $10,000.01 - $100,000.00 USD (or equivalent) 4.2% + Fixed Fee Merchant Rate $100,000.01 and over USD (or equivalent) 3.9% + Fixed Fee Merchant Rate
- Fixed Fee
Australian Dollar: $0.30 AUD Brazilian Real: R$0.60 BRL Canadian Dollar: $0.30 CAD Czech Koruna: 10.00 CZK Danish Kroner: 2.60 DKK Euro: €0.35 EUR Hong Kong Dollar: $2.35 HKD Hungarian Forint: 90 HUF Israeli Shekel: 1.20 ILS Japanese Yen: ¥40 JPY Malaysian Ringgit: 2.00 MYR Mexican Peso: 4.00 MXN New Zealand Dollar: $0.45 NZD Norwegian Krone: 2.80 NOK Philippine Peso: 15.00 PHP Polish Zlotych: 1.35 PLN Singapore Dollar: $0.50 SGD Swedish Krona: 3.25 SEK Swiss Franc: 0.55 CHF New Taiwan Dollar: $10 TWD Thai Baht: 11 THB U.K. Pounds Sterling: £0.20 GBP U.S. Dollar: $0.30 USD
- The Transaction Fee applies to all amounts you receive into your PayPal account for commercial transactions, including amounts that are placed in a pending balance. The Transaction Fee is a percentage of the transaction plus a fixed amount based on the currency of the payment you receive.
- To receive the Merchant Rate, you must submit an application to PayPal through a link on the PayPal website, maintain qualifying monthly payment volume, and be in good standing with PayPal. If you do not submit an application for the Merchant Rate, you will continue to pay the Standard Rate even if you have qualifying monthly payment volume.
- The fees in this section do not apply to Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Egypt. In these countries, the Fees for receiving commercial transactions as listed in the User Agreement shall apply.