I sent money to the wrong email address, but the payment is completed. What do I do?
If the payment status is Completed, you need to ask the recipient to send you a refund. You’ll find the recipient’s contact information on the Transaction Details page.
Here’s how to find their contact information:
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Click the payment in question.
- Locate your recipient’s contact information, then contact them and ask for a refund.
If you don’t receive a refund, you can open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. Here’s how to file a dispute:
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a Problem.
- Select the transaction you want to dispute, and then click Continue.
- Read the information on the screen and click Begin.
- Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.