How do I confirm my bank account with PayPal?
You first need to add your bank account to your PayPal account.
To confirm your bank account, we'll send 2 small random deposits to your bank account. You can review your online bank statement, wait for your next paper statement, or contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. You will need to enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits when confirming your bank account.
Here's how to complete the confirmation process online:
- Click Wallet at the top of the page.
- Click the bank you want to confirm.
- Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your bank account.
- Click Submit.
Confirm your bank account now.
- The random deposits are temporary and will eventually be debited from your bank account.
- You need to confirm your bank account before you can move money into your PayPal account.
- It's currently only possible to confirm a credit/ debit card in New Zealand.