Notice of Amendment(s) to Asia Pacific, certain European and Latin American countries, Middle East and Africa Agreement(s)
Issued: 11 August 2021
This page displays policy updates which notify users of important changes to the PayPal Asia Pacific, certain European and Latin American countries, Middle East and Africa User Agreements or other online agreements, policies, or statements. Please go to “Past Policy Updates” to view previous policy updates.
We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.
Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. By continuing to use our services after the changes take effect, you agree to be bound by those changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you. If you would prefer to decline such changes you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date.
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective: 10 September 2021 (Residents of Malaysia, and Thailand will have an effective date of 27 September 2021. Residents of Mainland China will have an effective date of 14 October 2021.)
- We are revising PayPal’s Seller Protection program to clarify eligibility for certain claims involving travel tickets sold by the travel carrier.
- We are requiring sellers to notify us of any pricing errors or discrepancies within sixty (60) days from having access to their account statement(s) or other account activity information.
- We are clarifying the types of costs used to calculate the reasonable minimum estimate that we may recover if you engage in any restricted activities.
- We are updating the Country/Region-Specific Terms for Singapore to comply with the applicable Singapore regulations/requirements.
To review the updated User Agreement, please click HERE.
Amendments to the User Agreement Fees
Effective: 10 November 2021 (Residents of Andorra, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Croatia, Iceland, Monaco, Moldova, Serbia and Faroe Islands.)
- We are introducing an additional service fee of 1.29% for some international commercial transactions between the EEA and the UK.
- We are changing the additional percentage-based fees for international commercial transactions as well as simplifying our market/region country classifications for these fees. The fees are changing from the rates shown in the current User Agreement to the new rates that will be shown on the updated Merchant Fee page that will publish on or after September 7, 2021, as we mention below.
An updated Merchant Fee page will be available on or after September 7, 2021. Please click HERE to view once available.
Amendments to the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
- We are revising the policy to clarify that violations may subject you to damages. We are also expanding the existing list of prohibited activities and clarifying the commercial activities requiring pre-approval.
Amendments to the PayPal Alternative Payment Methods Agreement
- We are revising the Agreement to prohibit acceptance of payments for certain goods and services.