Notice of Amendment(s) to the Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, and Slovenia PayPal Agreement(s)
Issued: 9 August, 2022
This page details and/or previews updates to PayPal users of changes to the Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, and Slovenia PayPal User Agreement or other online agreements, policies, or statements that require notice. You can also review Past Policy Updates notices. Note that additional changes could be made to previewed agreements on or before the effective dates listed, provided the applicable notice requirements are met.
We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.
Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. By continuing to use our services after the changes take effect, you agree to be bound by those changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you to accept such changes. However, if you would prefer to decline them, then you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date, as described in the user agreement.
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective October 31, 2022:
- Business accounts cannot receive personal transactions. Business account holders wishing to receive personal transactions will need to make use of a personal account.
- If you integrate or reference PayPal services on your website, we are clarifying that PayPal may use automated technologies (e.g., website crawling) to assess your website to ensure compliance with the user agreement and to combat fraud.
- Pricing for sending and receiving donations is also being updated. The new pricing will result in fee increases for some transactions. You can preview Consumer Fees page and the Merchant Fees page that will be effective following such changes.
- We are clarifying that PayPal may reverse a payment if you receive(d) compensation from your bank.
- Introducing 18 additional currencies for withdrawals from a PayPal account and clarifying the minimum and maximum fees that may apply where withdrawal transactions are made in these currencies.
Review the updated PayPal User Agreement