How do I confirm my email address?
When you add an email address, we automatically send an email to confirm the address.
When you receive the email:
- Click the link in the email.
- Enter your PayPal password.
- Click Confirm.
What if I didn't receive the email to confirm my email address?
If you haven’t received the email, check your spam folder, and check that you entered the correct email address. You can also try adding email@example.com to your address book to see if you can find the email.
Here's how to resend the email from a web browser:
- Go to your Settings.
- In the "Email" section, click Confirm beside your email address.
- Click Confirm this email address.
Here's how to resend the email on the PayPal app:
- Tap your profile icon.
- Tap Account Info.
- Tap Emails.
- Tap the email address you want to confirm, then tap Resend confirmation.
What if I received the confirmation email, but the text is garbled?
You can choose to receive our emails in plain text, not html, then resend the email.
Here's how to change the format of your emails from PayPal:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Notifications near the top of the page.
- Click on your email address.
- Select the format.