Why did I get random approvals, declines, and timeouts when testing PayPal Payments Pro with Payflow in the Sandbox?
Random approvals, declines, and timeouts usually result when the credit card numbers you're using are associated with many test accounts. The system has difficulty handling multiple requests for these same few numbers. When performing test credit card transactions with a Payflow Pro account linked to a Sandbox account, you must use a unique credit card number. There are two ways to do this:
- When you create a new Sandbox test account on the Developer site, you can choose the type of credit card you want to associate with that account. The Sandbox assigns you a unique credit card number, but you can use any three-digit number as the Card Verification Number. Here's how to create a test account:
- Log in to the PayPal Developer Portal.
- Navigate to Sandbox accounts.
- Once you've logged in, access your Sandbox account. To do so, click Dashboard, then click Accounts under Sandbox.
- You can use a credit card generator to create a credit card number and associate it with a Sandbox account. For more information, see How do I create an additional credit card number for a Sanbox account?