I forgot the password for my PayPal account. How do I reset my password?
If you've forgotten your PayPal password but you remember your email address, here's how to regain access to your account:
- Go to the password reset page.
- Enter the email address that you registered on your PayPal account, and click Next.
- Select your preferred option to confirm your account ownership, and click Next.
- If you choose to Receive an SMS, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your mobile and click Next.
- If you choose to Have us call you, you'll see a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call.
- If you choose to Receive an email, enter the 6-digit security code we email to you and click Continue. We may ask you to confirm your card number.
- If you choose to Answer your security questions, enter your answers and click Confirm. We may ask you to confirm your card number.
- You may also be given the option to Confirm through Facebook Messenger. If you choose to use this method, click Send Code, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your Messenger and click Confirm.
- If you have one or more Google email accounts registered to your PayPal account, you may be given the option to Sign in with Google to confirm your account ownership.
- Create a new password.
Tip: Your PayPal password should be 8-20 characters long and include at least one number or symbol (like !@#$%^).