Ask our Business Community
How do I issue a full refund to close the dispute?
To close a transaction dispute, you can issue a full or partial refund to the buyer. Here's how to issue a full or partial refund:
- Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
- Click Resolution Centre at the top of the page.
- Select Open cases in the drop down box and locate the transaction.
- Click the Case ID under the Case column.
- Click Grant a full refund or Offer a partial refund.
If you send a full refund, the dispute is closed. You may offer a partial refund to resolve your dispute. If the buyer agrees to your request, your dispute is closed. If you offer a partial refund for less than the amount than the buyer requests, the buyer will have a chance to accept or deny their offer.
You were logged out to help protect your account.