Getting Started with Your PayPal Business Account
How to Sign Up
STEP 1: Select your business type
Whether you’re running a webstore, small business or a large shipping company, we want to know your business type so we can find the right payment solution for your needs.
STEP 2: Tell us more about your business
Tell us more about what business category and sub-category you’re in, your TIN number, where and when it was established, and don’t forget to add in your contact information.
STEP 3: Tell us about your finances
We need to know more about your finances to better understand your requirements and recommend the best payment solution for your needs.
Which Solution to Use
Website Payments Standard (WPS)
More about Website Payments Standard
More about Express Checkout
More about Online Invoicing
More about Email Payments
You don’t just have to choose one payment solution, and can always add on other features as your business grows. Pick and choose as many solutions as you need to help your business run more smoothly and, most importantly, sell more!
How Online Payments Work
After you and your customer reach an agreement, send them a payment request using an invoice, email or your link with the agreed amount.
Customer Pays You
Your customer will receive a notification to log in to their PayPal account to pay you directly.
Payment is Processed
Once your customer has authorized payment, we process the transaction on our encrypted network to ensure increased security for your financial details.
You Get Paid
Once the payment has been processed, we’ll notify you and transfer the money to your PayPal account instantly.
We know your customers are always looking for a faster and safer way to shop online. With PayPal, you’re not only getting the best selection of payment options as a business owner, but the assurance of a brand your customers can trust.
Frequently asked questions.
Recipients can pay you with their credit cards through PayPal if you are a merchant and have the PayPal Account Optional feature turned on.
All PayPal accounts allow you to send and receive payments.
- Personal: Recommended for individuals who shop and pay online, or wish to send or receive personal payments for shared expenses such as splitting of dinner bills or rental charges; for casual sellers or non-businesses who wish to get paid online, and who also make online purchases.  >
- Business: Recommended for merchants who operate under a company/group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups.
For complete information on PayPal transaction fees, please see the fees section of our User Agreement or click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.
An automatic payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you make a purchase on their website without signing in to your PayPal account. This is something that is set up on the first checkout with the merchant. The terms of the automatic payment will be available in your PayPal account.
Finding your automatic payments on the app:
- Tap Settings.  >
- Tap Automatic Payments.  >
- Tap the merchant.
Finding your automatic payments on the website:
- Go to Account Settings.  >
- Click Money, Banks and Cards.  >
- Click Set Automatic Payments.  >
- Select the merchant.
Changing the payment method:
- Select your current payment method.  >
- Select a new payment method or click link a new card or bank.  >
- Click Save.
If you’re a merchant who needs to cancel a subscription for your customer:
- Click Pay & Get Paid.  >
- Click Subscriptions.  >
- Find your customer’s subscription to update.