Recurring Billing Service: How It Works
This page will help you to:
- Learn how Recurring Billing works
- Integrate Recurring Billing into your payment solution
How It Works
Quickly set up Recurring Billing by simply creating customer profiles with the PayPal Manager. Or if you are a Payflow Pro user, add customization features using the Payflow Pro Software Development Kit(SDK). Each customer profile includes your customer's name and billing information, the amount and frequency to charge, and the length of the agreement.
After creating your customer profiles, the amount you specified is charged to your customer’s account. An optional email is sent to your customer when their account is charged.
Take charge of your account using the PayPal Manager to:
- Create and maintain your customer profiles.
- Configure optional email notifications.
- Request emailed transaction summaries.
Integrate Recurring Billing
Before integrating Recurring Billing, you should be using one of the following payment services:
You will need an internet connection and your merchant username and password to complete these steps.
- Add Recurring Billing. Call 1-888-847-2747 to add Recurring Billing to your Payflow Gateway.
- Create profiles. Log in to PayPal Manager to create and manage your profiles with no programming skills. Or if you already have Payflow Pro, you can use the Payflow Pro Software Development Kit (SDK)to create your profiles.
- Configure email notifications. Log in to PayPal Manager to create optional emails for customer notifications and request email summaries to help you monitor your Recurring Billing transactions.