Notice of Amendment to PayPal Legal Agreements
Issued: 29 September 2020
Please read this document.
We’re making changes to the legal agreements that govern your relationship with PayPal.
We encourage you to carefully review the notices below so that you are familiar with these upcoming changes.
There is no further action needed from you as these changes will take place automatically on the Effective Date shown below. In the event you would prefer to decline these changes and close your account, you can do so prior to the Effective Date.
Updates to the User Agreement for Asia Pacific, certain European and Latin American countries, Middle East and Africa
Effective: October 31, 2020
We’re making the following changes to our terms:
Amendments to the PayPal Account User Agreement (Effective October 31, 2020)
- We are updating the policies with which you agree to comply when you open and use a PayPal account.
- We are clarifying the circumstances under which Commercial Entity Agreements apply to business and personal accounts.
- We are establishing a dispute fee and have added the applicable terms and conditions. (This will not apply to residents of Mainland China who hold a PayPal account and use the PayPal services.)
- We’re updating PayPal’s suspension and termination rights in relation to Malaysian customers.
Amendments to the Fees (Effective October 31, 2020)
- We’re removing the Merchant Rate for both domestic and international payments for merchants in Mainland China. Merchants domiciled in Mainland China will now pay our Standard Rate for transactions.
- We have changed the fee applicable to certain countries or regions for balance withdrawal to US bank account in the “Withdrawing your Balance” section. From the above Effective Date, balance withdrawal to US bank account by users in Kenya, New Zealand and Singapore will be subject to a 3.00% fee – and balance withdrawal to US bank account by users in Chile and the Dominican Republic will be subject to a 0.50% fee.
- We have changed the fees applicable to withdrawals you make to your card for users in Philippines.
Amendments to the PayPal Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement (previously the PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution and Virtual Terminal) (Effective October 31, 2020)
- We have changed the name of the PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution and Virtual Terminal Agreement. The new name of this agreement is the PayPal Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement. PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution will now be referred to as “Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments.” The new name of this agreement reflects this change.
- Please see the section “About this Agreement” at the start of the PayPal Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement for more information about the Products covered by the agreement.
- We are revising the notice provisions to better align with the PayPal User Agreement (including the amount of advance notice required for changes to the agreement).
- We are updating our data processing terms to reflect that PayPal is a data controller for payment processing and fraud services.
- Fraud Protection is now an optional additional service in the Advanced Credit and Debit Card suite of functionality. We have set out the terms and conditions for our Fraud Protection product.
To review the updated User Agreement, please click Here.