What is the difference between Personal and Business accounts?
All PayPal accounts allow you to send and receive payments.
Sign up for and use a Personal account to:
- Shop and pay online
- Send or receive personal payments for shared expenses (for example: splitting a dinner bill or paying rental charges)
- Send money as a gift
We also recommend a Personal account for casual sellers who want to get paid online but also make online purchases.
Sign up for and use a Business account to:
- Operate under a company/group name
- Accept debit card, credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee
- Allow up to 200 employees limited access to your account
- Access PayPal products such as PayPal Checkout
For more information on fees, click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal page.
To sign up for a PayPal account, visit our sign-up page.
Was this article helpful?
Why can I no longer send friends and family payments to Business accounts? Why can my Business account no longer receive friends and family payments?