The three types of crowdfunding models that we generally support in Hong Kong are: personal fundraising, charitable fundraising and reward-based funding. Campaign submissions are subject to review and approval.
- Personal fundraising includes things like raising money for personal or family medical bills, funeral expenses, education, or vet bills.
- Charitable fundraising includes donation-based campaigns to support organisations such as registered charities, schools and sports teams, or to provide support to other individuals. These campaigns are typically performed via:
- Monetary donations where all the money goes to the charity or group
- Merchandise sales where all, or a portion, of the proceeds is given to the charity or group
- Reward-based funding is usually a crowdfunding campaign that offers related non-monetary rewards in exchange for their contributions. Common examples include new product development like video games, movies, or new gadgets related to the campaign.