How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?
If you notice a payment that you didn't authorize, let us know right away through our Resolution Center. There's no time limit on how long you have to report an unauthorized transaction.
To report unauthorized activity on the web:
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a problem.
- Choose the payment you want to report and click Continue.
- Choose "I want to report unauthorized activity."
- Follow the steps to report the payment.
Once you've filed an unauthorized transaction, we'll investigate it. You'll receive an email within 10 days.
Some charges may appear unfamiliar but are legitimate and authorized. Before filing a case, make sure the suspicious activity wasn't from a family member using your PayPal account or from an automatic payment, such as a subscription.
To cancel an automatic payment on the web:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage automatic payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address and click Cancel.
To cancel an automatic payment on the app:
- Tap Wallet.
- Tap Automatic payments.
- Tap the merchant.
- Tap Remove PayPal as your payment method.
- Tap Remove to confirm the cancellation.
To request a refund for a completed payment, you’ll need to contact the seller.