Can I log in to my PayPal account if I have a new email address?
If you’re using a new email address, you can still log in to your PayPal account. You need to log in to your account using your old email address. Then add your new email address, confirm it, and remove the old one.
Here's how to add, remove or update an email address:
- Go to your Settings.
- In the "Email" section, you can add, edit or remove:
- To add a new email address, click +. Enter the email address and click Add Email. We'll automatically send you an email to confirm it. Click the link in our email.
- To update an email address, click Update next to the address you want to change. Make the update and click Change Email.
- To remove an email address, click Remove.
Here's how to add, remove or update an email address in the PayPal App:
- Tap your profile icon.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap Emails.
- To add a new email, tap + Add a new email.
- To update an email, tap the email, then tap Change.
- To remove an email, tap the email, then tap Remove.
- To receive money with a newly added email address, you need to confirm the email address first.
- To remove your primary email address, first add a new email address and set it as primary, and then remove the old one.
Was this article helpful?