Why can't my customers choose a ship-to address other than the default address for their PayPal account?
When your buyers use PayPal hosted buttons, PayPal prepopulates the Shipping Address field with the buyer's default shipping address (the address stored in their PayPal account). To enable buyers to override this setting, update your PayPal buttons to include an advanced variable that prompts the buyer to specify a shipping address during checkout.
Here's how to update your hosted PayPal buttons to prompt buyers for a shipping address:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click Tools.
- Click PayPal buttons.
- Click View your saved buttons.
- Locate any button that is currently in use on your website and select Action > Edit button.
- Click Step 3: Customize advanced features (optional).
- Click the box for Add advanced variables.
- Type no_shipping=2 in the Advanced variables text entry field. This value allows buyers to manually enter a valid ship-to address if they don't want to use the default shipping address on their account.
- Once you’ve added the preferred variables, check that your variables are correctly spelled to avoid any errors.
- Click Save Changes.
- Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all actively used buttons.