I forgot my PayPal password. How can I reset it?
If you've forgotten your password, follow these steps:
- Enter the email address you use for PayPal and click Next.
- Select how you want to recover your password and click Next. (You'll be shown some options such as Receive a text, receive an email, answer your security questions or have us call you.)
Some options will appear so we can proceed with the process of resetting your password:
- Receiving a phone call
- Receiving a text message
- Receive an e-mail
- Answering security questions
- Confirm the card number
- If you decide to receive a text message, enter the 6-digit security code we sent you on your cell phone and click Next. You will then be asked to create a new password (you will need to enter it twice).
- If you decide to receive an email, enter the 6-digit security code that we emailed you and click Continue. You will probably be asked to confirm your card number. We will then ask you to create a new password (you will need to enter it twice).
- If you decide to answer security questions, enter your answers and click Continue. We will probably ask you to confirm your card number. We will then ask you to create a new password (you will need to enter it twice).
Note: The PayPal password must be between 8 and 20 characters long and include at least one number or symbol, such as ¡!@#$%^.