You deserve fair play.
Selling online doesn’t mean you should lose out to fraudsters who seek to abuse the online payment system. Our Seller Protection gets you covered on eligible transactions.Get Started for Free
If a buyer files a claim, chargeback or payment reversal, we’ll place a temporary hold on the funds.
We’ll ask you to provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery with signature confirmation.
You’ll be able to access the funds once we have ascertained that your transaction is eligible.
“I would recommend that any online business considers accepting PayPal. It enables you to access an extensive user base globally, and helps drive sales – we’ve been really pleased with the results.”
Nick Beighton, Financial Director, ASOS.com
Ship it right.
We recommend using a shipping/courier service that supports tracking online. If a buyer makes a claim for an unauthorized transaction, provide us with a proof of shipment. If a buyer claims that an item was not received, show us the proof of shipment with tracking, or proof of delivery and signature confirmation.
What’s not covered?
Examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.
- Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described;
- Items that you deliver in person;
- Intangible items, including Digital Goods, travel tickets, gift vouchers and services;
- PayPal Direct Payments, PayPal carrier billing products and PayPal Email Payments (excluding PayPal invoices);
- Items that are sent after PayPal has advised the Seller not to release the item;
- Items that are not shipped to the recipient address as stated in the “Transaction Details” page. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid Proof of Shipping and Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation.
We do the guard part.
Every year we securely process billions of transactions for more than million active accounts around the world. From fraud protection to 24-hour account monitoring and advanced encryption, protecting your business is serious business to us. And the best part, your customers are protected too.