Best Practices to Boost Your Sales
Gain customer confidence in 3 simple steps
Learn how to leverage on PayPal branding through these easy steps.
By integrating our logos and buttons, more than 130 million PayPal customers worldwide will know straight away you accept PayPal. Delight your customers with a safer and easier checkout experience, and help increase sales and reduce shopping cart abandonment.
- I have a website
1. Use the right PayPal logo
2. Place the PayPal logo in the right pages
On your home page
Add PayPal logos on your home page so that your customers know that they can pay with their preferred payment method immediately.
On your product pages
PayPal customers are most likely to make a purchase at the online store if PayPal is reflected as one of the payment method.
On your shopping carts
By adding PayPal button on your shopping cart, your customers can be reassured the specific means of payment available.
On your payment page
Your customer is about to finalize his order. To improve your conversion rate, we recommend that you display the various payment options so that your customers can choose his preferred way to pay.
On your thank you page
Send an email confirmation of completed transaction tracking details to customer.
3. Customize your checkout page
- Include your logo at the top:
- Place a clear item name for the order summary
i. Go to your account Profile, select My selling tools and go to “Custom payment pages”.
ii. Click Add to create a new custom payment page to include your own business logo*
*Make sure your logo is uploaded to a secure https server to avoid security warming from browsers.
- I don't have website
1. Create your online invoice and bill your customers through email
- Log in to your PayPal Account
- Select Request Payments and click Create Invoice
2. Customise your invoice details
Upload your own business logo and customize your invoices with item details, discounts and shipping information.
PayPal brand and acceptance marks are available automatically on your invoice.
3. Save your invoice as a templateSave as a template to speed things up the next time.
- I sell on eBay
1. Choose PayPal Preferred
Tick PayPal as your preferred payment method. You’ll be covered under our Seller Protection, while your customers will be protected with our Buyer Protection for eligible items.
Tips: Link your PayPal and eBay Account makes it easier to pay your eBay fees automatically, see your shipped status in your PayPal Account and make use of lots of seller tools.
2. Add PayPal in your product descriptionAdd PayPal logo in your eBay product description can let your customers know that you accept PayPal. Or, simply add that you accept PayPal with text descriptions.
3. Explain PayPal to your customers when they have questionsIf your customers are new to PayPal, explain what PayPal is - the faster, easier and safer way to pay online and direct them to How PayPal Works.