How do I change the name on my PayPal account?
You can request for a name change on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. However, it's not allowed to change the name on your account to another person's name.
Here’s how to request for a name change:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Update beside your name.
- Select the type of change you want to make and click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to complete the name change process.
You may be required to submit documentation such as valid photo identification to support your name change request. You can choose to upload or fax your files. Once we receive your documents, we’ll review them within 3 to 5 working days and contact you when our review is complete.
We can help you change the user name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. However, it's not allowed to change the name on your account to another person's name.
If the business contact person for your account has changed, or if you want to update your business name, we can help you update this information as well. To do so, we need you to provide us some documents by uploading them in your PayPal account or sending us by fax.
Example of documents that we may need from you:
- A copy of a valid photo identification of the contact person.
- A copy of a Power of Attorney (Inin-Jyo) document.
- A certified copy of commercial registration (Shogyo Tokibo-tohon) or a certificate of all matters recorded commercial register (Rireki-jikou Zenbu Shomeisho).
- A copy of a bank or credit card statement registered on your business account.
Here’s how to change your name:
- Go to Profile and settings.
- Click Business information.
- Click Update beside "Name".
- Select the appropriate option and click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to change your name.
You were logged out to help protect your account.