Is it ok to offer rewards to campaign donors?
Yes, to be compliant with Japan regulations, you should give tangible non-monetary rewards to donors. Rewards should be of reasonable value but worth no greater than 10,000 JPY (approximately 100 USD). These should be related to your campaign or can be promotional items such as mugs, t-shirts, or calendars. Clearly defining your campaign, adding disclaimers to your website and marketing material will help you to launch a successful campaign.
When offering rewards you must:
- List the type of rewards you’re offering in exchange for each donation amount.
- Clearly state the estimated reward delivery date or duration in your campaign communications.
- Include a disclaimer on your campaign site and marketing material that you will make a best effort to provide the reward but delivery is not guaranteed.
Rewards that are not allowed include:
- Gold or silver coins or bullion
- Raffle tickets
- Gift cards
- A right or interest in property including shares in the crowdfunding campaign or its results
Reward-based campaigns without a delivery disclaimer or with concurrent advance product sales will be considered Preselling and may be subject to payment holds.
You were logged out to help protect your account.