What crowdfunding campaigns does PayPal NOT support?
Personal and Charitable fundraising, Lending- and Equity-based campaign models are currently not supported in Japan.
- Personal fundraising includes things like raising money for personal or family medical bills, funeral expenses, education, or vet bills.
- Charitable fundraising includes donation-based campaigns to support organisations such as registered charities, schools and sports teams, or to provide support to other individuals. These campaigns are typically performed via:
- Monetary donations where all the money goes to the charity or group
- Merchandise sales where all, or a portion, of the proceeds is given to the charity or group
- Lending-based campaigns involve individuals contributing to a loan package where the campaign owner borrows from the package promising to pay back investors, usually with interest.
- Equity-based campaigns involve individuals receiving some sort of equity or security in the company for their contribution.
PayPal does not support campaigns that would violate our Acceptable Use Policy or activities that violate any local law, statute, ordinance, or regulations such as:
- Currency exchange
- Refinancing debts
- Lotteries and gambling
- Get rich quick schemes
You were logged out to help protect your account.