What can I do if I sent a payment to the wrong email address?
If you sent a payment to the wrong email address and the payment is unclaimed, you can cancel it. Go to your Activity, find the payment and click Cancel.
If the payment is completed, ask the recipient to refund you. Go to your Activity and select the payment you want refunded. Use the contact details to get in touch with the recipient and request a refund.
If you don’t hear back from the recipient, you can open a dispute within 180 days of the payment date. However, you can’t report a problem for payments sent as “Family and Friends.”
Here's how to open a dispute on the web:
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a Problem.
- Select the payment and click Continue.
- Select the reason for your dispute, such as:
- I didn’t receive the item purchased.
- The product or service is not as described.
- I have a billing issue