We’ll email you if a dispute is raised and place a hold on the funds.
You can communicate with the buyer in the Resolution Centre.
If you can’t resolve the dispute, escalate it to a claim for our review.
Communication is key.
Your customers may dispute a transaction due to failure to receive an item they’ve ordered, or they received an item that is significantly different from your description. In rare cases, a dispute may arise from unauthorised activities observed in their accounts, or a simply lack of communication. Maintaining ongoing communications with customers is the first step in working to reduce the likelihood of claims, disputes and chargebacks.
Here’re a few tips to help you along.
Improve customer satisfaction
- Be accurate with your item’s description and provide as much details as possible
- Post items quickly and track the shipment and provide your customer with the delivery tracking number, so they know when to expect their item
- Update your credit card statement name so that your customers can recognise it on their credit card statements.
- Respond to queries and issues quickly
- Display your returns policy clearly
Resolve an unauthorised claim
- If the buyer claims a purchase was made without their consent, review the claim and provide a response within 7 days. We’ll investigate the claim and help resolve the issue
- If the order has not been shipped, you can simply refund the payment and show us the proof of the refund
- If the order has been shipped, provide us with a copy of your shipping receipt or online tracking number so we can evaluate your eligibility for Seller Protection. Please ensure that the address on the shipping receipt matches the customer’s address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page
Don’t lose out.
With Seller Protection, you’re safeguarded against unauthorised payments or claims, reversals due to suspicion of fraud and item not received claims.More about Seller Protection