How do I remove the limitation on my PayPal account? How long will it take?
Before you begin
A limited account means that you won’t be able to do certain things with your PayPal account. For example, you might not be able to send or withdraw money.
Usually, we ask you to complete some steps to remove your account limitation. To simplify this we always list the steps to remove the limitation in the Resolution Centre*.
If all the steps are completed and your account remains limited, it means one of two things:
- We've already reviewed your account and sent you an email asking for more information, or
- We're reviewing the information you provided and we'll email you with an update.
We will notify you by email of our decision.
What to do
- Go to Resolution Centre.
- Click Go to Account Limitations.
- Next to each step required to remove the limitation, click Resolve and follow the steps to provide that information.
If you complete the steps and we ask you for more information by email, please respond as soon as possible so we can resolve your case.
Note: If you received an email stating that your account is limited, but don't see any steps in the Resolution Centre, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to email@example.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.
Learn more about account limitations in India.
* The Resolution Centre is not available on the PayPal app but you can access it via the PayPal website on your desktop.