What kind of proof of address does PayPal accept for identity verification?
As part of the identity verification requirement in India, we’ll ask you to submit a valid proof of your address.
Here are the types of documentation that we accept:
- Utility bills (phone and broadband services, gas, water, electricity, etc.) issued within 3 months
- Bank account or post office savings bank account statements covering the last 6 calendar months
- Valid passport
- Valid driving license
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- GST certificate of registration as valid proof address
- Property or municipal tax receipt
- Pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by Government Departments or Public Sector Undertakings, if they contain the address
- Documents issued by Government Departments of foreign jurisdictions and letter issued by Foreign Embassy or Mission in India
- Letter of accommodation allotment from your employer issued by State or Central Government Departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions and listed companies. Alternatively, you can provide the leave and license agreements with such employer allotting official accommodation to you.
What’s not an acceptable proof of address?
We do not accept:
- Purchase receipts/invoices
- Incomplete documents
- Screenshots of your online banking or service pages
- The name and address on the documents must match those on your PayPal account.
- The proof of address document must be dated within the last 3 months.
- We cannot accept P.O. Box addresses as physical address verification.
How do I submit my proof of address?
You can take a photo of your physical document, or save a screenshot of your online bills/statements.
To upload your documents, please go to your Account Summary and click Notifications at the top right corner of the page, then follow the instructions on the screen.