Why is my payment from an eBay sale on hold in my PayPal account? When will it be available?
When you get paid for items sold on eBay, your payment might be put in your pending balance if you’re a new seller or have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay, or if the payment may involve a higher level of risk.
Rest assured that these funds still belong to you. They're just temporarily unavailable for use until your buyers've received the items they ordered in the condition promised.
It's common for new eBay sellers to experience this kind of payment holds. Once you've met the following criteria, your incoming payments will usually become instantly available to you:
- 90 days have passed since your first successful sale on eBay, and
- You’ve received 250 USD from your total sales on eBay, and
- You’ve completed 25 sales on eBay
When will my eBay payment be released?
Here's the typical timeline when you’ll have access to your pending eBay payments:
- If you mark the item as sent in your eBay account, your payment should be available 7 days after the latest estimated delivery date.
- If you fulfil the order but don’t update the order status in your eBay account, your payment should be released after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report a problem with the transaction.
Note: After your hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the money to appear in your account.