Ask our Business Community
How do I issue a refund when my PayPal account is limited?
You’ll be able to issue a refund once the limitation on your PayPal account is resolved. To find out how to resolve the account limitation, please visit the Resolution centre.
If you’re unable to resolve the account limitation right away, you may also authorise us to issue a refund on your behalf. Here’s how to send us an authorisation email:
- Click Email customer support.
- Select “Sending/Receiving/Withdrawal” for the topic.
- Select “Refund/Cancel a Payment” for the subtopic.
- Select “Refund a payment” form the dropdown list, and make sure to provide the information below:
- Transaction ID
- The recipient’s name and email address
- Amount you wish to refund
- Click Send.
If the buyer accepts your refund, the dispute will be closed after the refund is processed.
You were logged out to help protect your account.