Ask our Business Community
Why am I suspended from PayPal Seller Protection? How do I become eligible again?
To ensure a safer transaction environment, we review all accounts and activities in our system regularly. On rare occasions, we may suspend some sellers’ eligibility for PayPal Seller Protection if there’s a higher than usual risk associated with their accounts, which may be attributed by their volume of buyer complaints, payment reversal and fraud rates.
Every 90 days, we’ll periodically re-evaluate the accounts under suspension to determine if they can become eligible for protection again. Here are some tips that may help you restore your eligibility at the earliest:
Providing excellent customer service
- Offer a refund and post your return policy where customers can see it.
- Use a reputable shipping service.
- Set up a customer service message within your PayPal account.
- Be professional, helpful and courteous if a customer contacts you. Post customer service contact information, including working hours and response time.
Reducing the risk of fraud
- Provide detailed and accurate descriptions of items for sale and include pictures from multiple angles.
- Verify the customer’s order information before shipping, such as the address and phone number. If an order looks suspicious, contact the customer to verify information. Also, delay shipping any high-risk orders and avoid shipping them overnight unless you are confident the order is legitimate.
- Use tools to detect fraud, such as IP geolocation, device identification, fraud filters, etc.
- Keep your Credit Card Statement Name updated to make sure that your customers can recognise your transaction easily on their card statement.
- Review orders for anything unusual, such as:
- Shipping to a high risk country
- Orders that are larger than normal
- Requests for change of shipping address after the order has been paid for
- Abnormally large numbers of international orders within a short period of time
- Several orders from different customers shipping to the same address
- Overpayments with additional requests
- Rush or overnight shipping
- Orders from a suspicious email address
- Orders from a suspicious postal address (e.g. P.O. boxes, vacant buildings)
- Multiple separate orders from the same PayPal account
Please visit our Security page to learn more about PayPal Seller Protection and tips for selling safely in India.
You were logged out to help protect your account.