Online security is a necessary part of every online store. With PayPal, we help you with this challenging task by providing a payment system that comes with built-in, world-class security to minimize loss – all at no additional cost.
- PayPal delivers one of the most powerful online risk management systems in the world.
- PayPal is a leader in privacy and identity protection.
- PayPal features an industry-leading loss rate of less than 0.5%.
Shielding you from liability.
- PayPal is the only online payment company that fights chargebacks on behalf of our sellers. See our Chargeback Guide and Chargeback FAQ to find out how we work with your business.
- For qualified transactions, we go even further to protect you from liability with PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.
You can count on PayPal’s technology to keep transaction and financial information safe and private.
- Antifraud risk models. Our highly sophisticated, proprietary fraud risk models help detect and predict fraudulent transactions – before they affect your business.
- Industry-leading use of data encryption. We use data encryption more extensively than any financial services company.
- Safeguarding financial information. We don’t share buyers’ financial information with sellers, enabling buyers to feel more secure and confident buying from PayPal merchants.
- Industry-standard services. We use industry-recognized Address Verification Service (AVS) and Card Security Code (CSC, also known as CVV2) to help stop identity theft.
- Patent-pending Verification. We employ our proprietary bank account Verification as an additional level of authentication.
- Antifraud Team. Our antifraud team is composed of over 2,000 specialists from around the world. The team works 24/7 to help keep your transactions safe and to ensure that your sensitive information remains private.
Additional resources for sellers.
To learn more about Selling Safely, go to:
- How We Help Protect Sellers. How PayPal helps keep your transactions safe.
- Tips to Sell Securely. How you can ensure that a transaction goes smoothly.
- Resolving Issues for Sellers. How to respond to buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks.