How do I issue a refund?
Refund within 180 days of payment
You can refund payments that are Completed, Pending, Cleared, or Uncleared.
Here's how to make a full or partial refund within 180 days following the date of the original payment:
- Go to your Activity page.
- Find the payment you'd like to refund and click it.
- Click Issue Refund.
- Enter the refund amount and click Continue.
- Confirm the details and click Issue Refund.
The refund is credited in the same currency as the original payment. The same conversion rate is used as appropriate.
- For payments by bank account or PayPal balance, the refund is credited to the PayPal balance of the sender.
- For credit card payments, the refund will be credited to the card of the sender (it can take up 30 days depending on the card issuer).
- For payments made with both a credit card and another payment method, the amount paid by card will be credited to the card and the rest to the PayPal balance of the sender.
Refund after 180 days of payment
To make a full or partial refund after 180 days following the date of the original payment, go to the Send & Request Payments section of your PayPal account.
In such instances, the payment will be credited to the PayPal balance of the recipient. However, fees for this transfer and any fees incurred during the original transaction will not be refunded.
You were logged out to help protect your account.