Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?
Here are some possible reasons why you couldn't link your bank to your PayPal account:
- The account must be with a bank located in the same country as your PayPal account. In some countries, you can also use a U.S. bank account.
- The name on the bank account must match the name on the PayPal account.
- You can't link a bank account to more than 1 PayPal account at a time. Try removing the bank account from the PayPal account it's currently linked to.
- The bank account has already been linked to 3 PayPal accounts in the past. You can't link a bank account to any more than 3 PayPal accounts over its lifetime.
- The bank account is already active on a PayPal account that has a limitation or a balance below zero.
- The bank isn't compatible for use with PayPal. This may include most online-only or prepaid bank accounts.
- The deposit amounts that you entered to confirm your bank
account were not accepted by our system. When the amounts are entered
incorrectly three times, your bank account is disabled and removed from your
PayPal account. Contact us, so we can help you to reactivate your bank account
in our system.
Was this article helpful?