One TouchTM FAQ
What is One TouchTM?
One TouchTM is an optional feature of PayPal that allows you to complete purchases faster while still helping to keep your full financial information secure. When you log into PayPal, with your mobile phone or from a desktop , tablet or laptop you can choose to stay logged-in to PayPal for easier, faster checkout across all eligible merchants. You will skip the PayPal log-in screen on future purchases once you opt-in to staying logged- in when paying with PayPal using the same device and same browser.
How long do I stay logged-in?
You can stay logged-in for 6 months when shopping at eligible websites and apps on the same mobile device and using the same browser on your laptop, desktop or tablet.
At the end of 6 months, we will ask you to login again and you can decide to opt in again to One TouchTM. You can opt-out anytime by going to PayPal.com, logging into your account and going to the Security tab under Profile.
Why should I activate the service?
Activating One TouchTM allows you to skip the PayPal log-in screen when you shop with PayPal thus allowing you to come directly to the payment page and breeze through checkout. It also saves the hassle of remembering and entering your password. For security purposes, whenever you update your PayPal personal or financial account info we will always ask you to log in.
How does PayPal help protect my financial account information when using One TouchTM?
PayPal is known for its world-class fraud detection tools, and these same tools are applied to One TouchTM. PayPal does not share full payment information with merchants when you shop.
- There are security recommendations that PayPal has specifically for One TouchTM:
- You have to be using the same device and browser combination to use One TouchTM.
- If you try to add a new shipping address or payment type, you will be prompted to log in again.
- The functionality is limited for your protection. You can make payments, but you can’t withdraw funds, or access your PayPal settings from the PayPal payment screen. This helps prevent those who may share or use this device from gaining access to sensitive information.
- We recommend that you do not share your device if you are using One TouchTM.
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
In the event of your phone getting stolen, log into your PayPal account and change the security settings under Profile or call Customer Service so we can help protect your PayPal account from unauthorized use.
What if I am using a public computer?
We recommend activating One TouchTM only on your personal device or computer and not on a public/shared computer/device to avoid misuse of your PayPal account.
Do I still authenticate and register for all individual eligible merchants?
You only authenticate and authorize use of One TouchTM on the first eligible merchant site or app on that device and browser. If you are using the same device and browser, you won’t be asked to re-login to any eligible merchant website when shopping with PayPal. If you update your PayPal personal or financial account info, we will always ask you to log in.
How do I activate the service?
It’s easy. You can select “Stay logged in for faster purchases” when checking out with PayPal upon initial log-in. This activates One TouchTM for that specific device and browser. You do not need to re-log in for 6 months when shopping at multiple eligible websites on the same device and browser.
How do I de-activate the feature?
You can easily de-activate One TouchTM by turning it off within your PayPal account. Just go to PayPal.com profile, click the Security tab, and then edit your “Stay Logged in for Faster Purchases” option. Business account users can deactivate by clicking the Profile icon and selecting “Log out of all devices” from the drop down menu.
- Other alternative methods to de-activate /revoke One TouchTM are:
- Call PayPal customer service
- Clear cookies
- On password change, PayPal revokes the consent
- PayPal can force ‘Show Login’ for suspicious activity/account
- You can turn it off within your settings in PayPal account on the web
What does PayPal do to help if I have a problem with my online purchase?
When you pay with PayPal online , PayPal Purchase Protection covers your eligible purchases if you have a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described we will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus original shipping costs.
- To qualify for PayPal Purchase Protection:
- Use PayPal to complete your payment.
- Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren't eligible.
- Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Center within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. Then, escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
- Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
If your transaction qualifies for PayPal Purchase Protection you are covered for the full purchase price plus the original shipping charges. You can report your problem in the PayPal Resolution Center. Please note that some purchases such as vehicles in the Motors category, capital equipment in the Business & Industrial category on eBay.com, and Real Estate aren't eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection. To learn more about PayPal Purchase Protection and to see a full list of eligibility requirements and exclusions, please review our User Agreement. You can find the User Agreement by clicking Legal or Legal Agreements on any PayPal page.
How can I control on which merchants I activate the service?
No, you cannot control the merchants you opt-in for. Once you consent to One TouchTM, you can stay logged in for 6 months on the same device and using the same browser at all eligible merchants, unless you turn it off or it gets turned off by PayPal.
What happens if I am shopping on a mobile device or computer logged into One TouchTM that is not mine?
If you are shopping from a mobile device that is not your own, you can simply click the ‘Not Me’ link to log out of PayPal and log back in using your own account. If you attempt to move forward with the purchase using an account that is not yours, you will not be permitted to add new shipping or payment information.
What if I share my device or desktop with other users?
We recommend that you do not share your device if you are using One TouchTM or make sure to log-out before sharing.