Notice of Amendment to PayPal Legal Agreements
Issued: 29 September 2020
Please read this document.
We’re making changes to the legal agreements that govern your relationship with PayPal.
We encourage you to carefully review the notices below so that you are familiar with these upcoming changes.
There is no further action needed from you as these changes will take place automatically on the Effective Date shown below. In the event you would prefer to decline these changes and close your account, you can do so prior to the Effective Date.
Updates to the Online Agreements for PayPal Hong Kong Limited
Effective: 31 October 2020
We’re making the following changes to the User Agreement:
- We are updating the policies with which you agree to comply when you open and use a PayPal account.
- We are clarifying the circumstances under which Commercial Entity Agreements apply to business and personal accounts.
- We are establishing a dispute fee and its terms and conditions for sellers.
We’re making the following changes to the PayPal Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement (previously the Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution and Virtual Terminal Agreement):
- We have changed the name of the PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution and Virtual Terminal Agreement. The new name of this agreement is the PayPal Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement. PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution will now be referred to as “Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments.” The new name of this agreement reflects this change.
- Please see the section “About this Agreement” at the start of the PayPal Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement for more information about the Products covered by the agreement.
- We are revising the notice provisions to better align with the PayPal User Agreement (including the amount of advance notice required for changes to the agreement).
- Fraud Protection is now an optional additional service in the Advanced Credit and Debit Card suite of functionality. We have set out the terms and conditions for our Fraud Protection product.
- We’re updating our data processing terms to change PayPal to reflect that PayPal is a data controller for payment processing and fraud services.
To review the updated User Agreement, please click Here.
To review the updated Advanced Credit and Debit Card Agreement, please click Here.