General Conditions of Use
PayPal Refunded Returns Service
These General Conditions of Use ("GCU") describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal offers PayPal Refunded Returns Service ("Service") from 29 September 2015 until 31 December 2018. The Service is available at no additional cost to PayPal account holders who have registered for it at: https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/returns
By registering for the Service, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.
The Service is provided by CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as Telus International Europe) (the “Service Provider”) on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd. The Service Provider is a company registered in Bulgaria under no. 9829/2004, VAT BG175138361, with head office at 115K Tsarigradsko Chaussee Blvd., Sofía 1784, Bulgaria.
Questions and answers
When can I use Service?
When can’t I use the Service?
The Service does not apply if you can benefit, or have already benefited from another type of shipping returns refund service or guarantee with any third party. In the event that you have received a refund under this Service, and have also benefited from another type of shipping returns refund service or guarantee with any third party, PayPal shall have the right to recover the amount of the refund under this Service from your PayPal account.
Can I use the Service if the seller already offers a similar service?
What costs does the Service cover?
How many refunds can I request?
Who should I contact if I have a question about Service?
How do I make a Refund Request?
If any document is missing, you’ll need to submit it within 14 days of your initial submission.
You’ll receive the refund in your PayPal account if your claim is approved.
What information do I have to provide with my Refund Request?
- Details of your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned. To complete the return shipping refund request form, log in to your account activity and select the purchase you have recently returned.
- Proof of your return including the following documents.
- The confirmation email for your PayPal transaction or a screenshot of your PayPal account showing that the entire price was paid using your PayPal account and displaying the PayPal transaction ID; and
- If you paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, you must provide:
- The receipt from the post office or courier service
- A document proving that the purchased item was returned to the seller which could be included on shipping receipt or a photo of the package with the seller's address visible.
- If the return shipping costs were deducted from the refund of your item, you must provide:
- Proof showing the initial purchase price of the item returned; and
- Proof showing the amount of the refund, such as the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return or the PayPal email confirming the refund of your item.
How will I be refunded?
How will I know if my Refund request is accepted?
How do I know if I am eligible for the Service?
You do not need to be eligible for Buyer Protection in order to be eligible for this Service.
What happens if I return an item purchased before the launch of the Service (29 September 2015)?
Additional provisions concerning the operation of the Service
Any Refund Request you initiate or based on incorrect or false information/documents will be rejected and you will be suspended from the Service. We will notify you by email if we suspend or lift the suspension of your eligibility for the Service. We may debit from your PayPal account any payment made to you under this Service on the basis of false information/documents.
PayPal (and its Service Provider) will not be held liable for any delays or failures due to causes beyond its control or which could not reasonably have been anticipated, and the consequences of which it could not reasonably avoided or overcome. Such circumstances may include:Interruption of or problems accessing, the Service due to causes beyond PayPal’s control, such as your failure to fulfill your obligations, a defect and/or saturation of the telecommunications networks, action by a third party, infection by a virus of the Service or your equipment, or other type of malicious attack by a third party despite reasonable security measures taken by you and by PayPal;your improper use of the Service;your provision of incorrect information; orcases of force majeure or action by a third party.
In no event will PayPal, its related entities or the Service Provider be liable to you for any of the following types of loss or damage arising under or in relation to the terms: any loss of profits, goodwill, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings, any loss or corruption of data, or any loss or damage whatsoever which does not stem directly from our breach of the terms. We may at any time amend, delete or add to these terms by posting a revised version on the PayPal website. If you do not accept any changes, you must cease use of the Service.
PayPal may decide, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to change, suspend or terminate the Service without being liable to you or to any third party for doing so.
The Service is made available by PayPal Hong Kong Limited, a licensed issuer of a stored value facility regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority under Licence Number: SVF0008. The Service Provider is CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as Telus International Europe), acting on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd.