What FATCA documentation does PayPal collect and how do I provide it?
According to FATCA, the information that we must collect may include, but isn't limited to, the account holder’s address and U.S. TIN (if a U.S. person) or other TIN.
A business entity can be required to provide:
- Its country or region of incorporation.
- Its business type or classification under FATCA.
- A certification stating, among other things, whether the entity is or isn't considered a “Specified U.S. Person” (as the term defined by FATCA).
- Whether it has or doesn't have substantial US owners or controlling persons.
- If it does have substantial U.S. owners or controlling persons, the names and addresses of those owners or persons.
We must collect the necessary information through documentation such as a certification of non-U.S. status, a Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) for U.S. entities or persons, or a Form W-8 BEN/BEN-E (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting) for non-U.S. entities or persons.
Here’s how to provide us with your FATCA information:
- Go to your Account Summary.
- Click on the FATCA Alert.
- Follow the instructions provided.