How do I add a debit or credit card to my PayPal account?
You can add a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card to your PayPal Hong Kong account. The card must be issued in Hong Kong and under your own name.
Here's how to link a card to your PayPal account:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click Link a debit or credit card.
- Enter your card information, and click Link Card.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to complete the 3DS verification. Once done, you can pay with PayPal using this card.
- If your card is eligible for automatic update with PayPal, we may update the card information on your behalf when a new card is issued to replace the existing card linked to your PayPal account. Any billing agreement and payment preferences associated with this existing card will be migrated to your new card.
- When you add a card, you may be notified of a 1 USD charge to your card. The charge on your card is temporary to confirm if your card is ready to use with PayPal. It usually takes a few minutes to receive the refund back to your card but it can take up to 30 days depending on your card issuer.