What is the easiest way to calculate fees?
One of the easiest ways to calculate PayPal fees paid for the year is to input your fee deductions into Microsoft Excel by following these steps:
- Download your transaction history for the year and import it into Microsoft Excel. Make sure to download your history as "Comma" or "Tab Delimited."
- Change the column format to Accounting. Here's how:
- Select the column where your fees are listed by clicking the letter at the top of the column. The entire column should be highlighted.
- Right click on the highlighted area and select Format Cells.
- Select Number and then Accounting in the ‘Category’ list, and select 2 decimal points.
- Click OK.
- Click on the empty cell under the last amount in the Fee column, then click the Auto Sum button on the right side of the tool bar.
- Press the Enter key to complete the sum action. Your total fees will be calculated and entered into the cell you clicked on in Step 5.
Note: PayPal cannot help you with any issues regarding Microsoft Excel.