How do I create PayPal buttons to accept payments on my website?
“Website Payment Standard” offers “Add to Cart”, “Buy Now” and “Subscription” buttons, which allows you to accept PayPal payment directly from your website. When your buyers click on the buttons on your website, they’ll be directed to PayPal’s payment page to pay you.
Here's how to add or edit a button:
- Go to PayPal Payment Buttons page.
- Select the button you want to edit.
- Enter the details of your payment button, and then click Create Button.
- Click Select Code to select the button code.
- Copy and paste the button code in to your own web page code.
- To allow your customer to add personalised text, you can add a text field on the editing page. This field will appear above your button.
- If you've customised the button, such as adding a dropdown menu or text field, please follow the instructions on the page and implement the HTML code to create your button. For the buttons without customisation, you'll also have the "Email URL" option.
- You can locate your Merchant ID in your PayPal account settings.