Why can't I add my card to my PayPal account?
Here are some possible reasons why you failed to add your card:
- A card can be added to only one PayPal account at a time. If your card has been added to another PayPal account, you can remove the card or use another card before trying again.
- Your card might not be compatible with the PayPal system. Find out the cards you can use with your PayPal accounts.
- The billing address you provide must exactly match the one shown on your card statement. Check your debit or credit card statement to confirm that the addresses match.
- If your card doesn't have a card verification code (usually a 3-digit code on the back of your card), you can't use that card on your PayPal account.
- You have 8 cards linked to your PayPal account. You can only have 8 linked cards on your account at once. Please remove the cards that you don't use with PayPal anymore.