How do I change the primary email address of my PayPal account?
While you can have multiple email addresses on your PayPal account, the primary email address is the one to receive payments and notifications from PayPal. You won't be able to edit or remove your primary email address while it's assigned.
If you want to use a different email address to receive payments and notifications, you'll need to add and confirm that email address in your account first, and then make it your primary email address. Here's how:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click + next to "Email address".
- Enter the new email address and click Add Email Address.
- We'll send you a confirmation email. Find it in your inbox and click the link in the email to confirm this email address.
- On your Settings page, click Edit next to this email address and select "Make this your primary email for receiving notifications".
- Click Change Email Address.
You may add up to 7 email addresses to your PayPal account. Each email address can only be used in one PayPal account at a time. You can edit or remove your secondary email addresses from your Settings anytime.